Am I the only one who genuinely enjoys Horizon Arcade?

I’m happy to see that there are other players out there that enjoy them too. I do wish Playground would pay more attention to Arcade like they do with the regular multiplayer, but I understand that’s a main attraction for a lot of players.
I don’t really enjoy doing them solo, as it feels very lonely drifting or jumping through bullseyes by yourself. I wish I could find servers where a lot of people are participating like some of your are experiencing.

1 Like

One thing I stumbled across last night - if you:

• Press Start,
  • Press Y for Convoy,
  • Choose Find a Convoy

You can then join other players in a dedicated convoy for Arcade events.

1 Like

I do enjoy them as a light distraction, even the horn beeping task, lol. I would say the drifting one is too easy. I’m usually done with them with several minutes to spare.

And it hasn’t the kind of buzz it had in FH4 when many events where packed to the rafters and drifting was a bit tougher.

I’ve played this game for hundreds hours and never even knew this feature existed.
Although I just tried it a few times today, and each time the leader was either in another session so I couldn’t start the arcade with them, or they were in solo, so again the arcade wouldn’t start. Maybe I should try hosting next time.
You’d think they’d at least try to put you in the same session as all other members of the party.

They’re awfully repetitive after you’ve done them several times. And almost every time I try to do them to get some Forzathon Shop points, I’m the only one there.

0/10 for fun.

Erm, its not just me, there are thousands of players who are unable to see other players. Maybe i had bad luck and i NEVER EVER got to get anyone to participate?? i pretty doubt that. Once, two or three times, it can happen. All the time? not a chance.

Also you know when you are not alone doing horizon arcade because tasks takes way longer to complete and require way more points. You just know it. You know there are other people contributing, but you just cant see em. When you finish an arcade, with others, you get a msg asking you if you want to stay in the group. Well, why the question if i cant even see anyone? lol. Thats why i know its bugged. As always has been.

And im sorry to break your bubble but this keeps happening since day 1.

I had actually assumed the other players were the ones that chose the other Arcade zone. Just an assumption of mine.

Honk your horn probably is the best way to join the Arcade events.

I’d have it so you turn it off or on with Anna but it’s on by default. Then I’d add more shop items to add incentive. Like enough points buy a backstage pass to any released exclusive but only once even.

1 Like

I would enjoy the arcade events if other people actually showed up. I’ve never had one with any other people.

Still haven’t had any luck with the arcade convoys. Maybe I’m just not playing at the right time, but mid-afternoon UK on a bank holiday weekend sounds like prime time to me?
I would definitely welcome an opt-in button for arcades. That could double as the matchmaking button if it ever gets implemented.
I’m reminded of Burnout paradise’s online challenges, where people in the lobby were only there to crash into other players instead of working together. But when you found a good group of players, that was such a fantastic experience.
I have now noticed a small uptick in players over the weekend. I’m guessing people are playing enough to buy the peel in the shop for the weekly challenge and it’ll drop again soon.

I quite like the Arcade events, but that make sense, as stunt are some of my most favorite activites in Horizon 5.

The arcade is much better than in FH4. If you end up running solo you can actually win the thing. If you land in one with a couple of good players they go great. Get one slug and it can ruin the whole arcade.
A few things I don’t care for though are the bullseye event, and the drift run. And in the mini missions the honk you horn thing the stupid. I can’t even do that one since I have horns disabled. All they are for me are an annoyance in the game and the wheelspins.
Someone mentioned putting the arcade in the horizon online section and I agree that would be a good idea.

I don’t mind Arcade, I actually like having a way to rack up FP but the long wait between events blows. I would love to pop out of an event and pop right back into another.

Why don’t they just make arcade a queue based system like all other online modes. Wouldn’t this solve most issues raised to date such as afk players or a lack thereof?

1 Like

Buiserdonkey, I agree. One thing that could be addressed would be staggering the two arcades by six minutes. At least we wouldn’t have to wait so long between events.

And while they’re at it doing that, change it up from always Drift and “other”. More variety in the rotation might help instead of always having to choose between Drift or “other”.

2 Likes

I can’t agree more. Really annoying that one event is always Drift. I think it creates disinterest in Arcade events because a lot of people don’t like drifting.

1 Like

If a lot of people don’t like drifting then the alternative event would always be populated.

No. Early on there were comments that people didn’t like it always locked into Drift or “other”. They got tired of waiting for the “other” to be one they liked, or needed. Most infamously when the devs decided in thier infinite wisdom to make the FINAL Daily Challenge (of a series no less iirc) a Complete “other” Arcade. People were waiting for literally hours for it to finally spawn the other, meanwhile staring at an endless repetition of useless (for the challenge) Drift Arcade.

Those Drift arcades were dead. And people were steamed. Some were hoping to get Min Meet Max and I think some missed it because when they could play, and they tried, the needed “other” never spawned.

THAT one event is a big reason I think a lot of people quit Arcade, and some the game. When that “other” arcade finally dropped on that day it was always several people, and fun. BUT, the whole idiocy leading up to, the being led by the nose, the annoying taunting of Drift Arcade after Drift Arcade taking up a spot that MIGHT have been randomly the correct “other”, turned a lot of people off.

You like Drifting ? That’s cool. You know there are whole roads of Drift Zones right ? Why does Arcade NEED or DESERVE a dedicated Drift slot ? Come on, sell me on it.

2 Likes