Am I the only one enjoying this game?

There are things that I do like about the game. Probably the biggest of which is the music. Overall, I am very unhappy with the game, but do have to admit that Forza got parts of it right. My biggest grief right now is that they charged us all full price for a game that is far from complete. There’s just so much missing, or “coming soon”…

This game will get boring super quick if they don’t add things though.

As a long time FM fan(FM1-4,6), I always played with a wheel and I am enjoying FM7 about as much as humanly possible…
I always wished I had more ways to adjust the ffb settings so I could set it up the way I want it to feel instead of relying on what was pre-programmed into the game and viola(!), my wish was granted! Even with a TMX I have to say the “feel”, effect or sensation I have of the car going around the track is, how should I say, close to incredible?..
Just by adjusting the ffb settings my laptimes got faster(without touching the car settings) because of the feedback I got from the steering wheel. And by having better or improved feedback, it feels more realistic, and therefore, waaaaaaaaay more enjoyable…
As for racing, I admit I’m not a fan of the AI drivers. The solution? Make my own race! Doing 50 laps on any track with any car(time permitting) is where it’s at for me due to the improved ffb “feel”. The fairly large credit/reward/car discount is an added bonus…
I’m aware of PCars1 and I’ve spent countless hours and hours messing with the ffb settings trying to get the “feel” that I want. Other than a go-cart I could not get the “feel” of loss of traction when cornering, braking, spinning out, doing burn-outs, donuts etc… Trying the FM7 Demo, I messed with the ffb settings and that was the deciding factor for me. I had to get it… not sure if I’ll even try PCars2 or ACorsa now…
So that said, I’m good until FM8. lol… For the price I paid for the Ultimate version and the countless hours I’ll have using it, it’s a bargain compared to other forms of entertainment/recreation…

cheers!

Enjoying it but the drivatar issue (much faster on straights) is really starting to wear me down. Aside from that it is agreat game. My most beloved feature: Not having to press A after the logos anymore to get to the menu. I can’t even begin to describe how much I hated “Press A to continue” in Horizon 2, 3 and Motorsport 6.

1 Like

Yiu can turn down the power of the cars and to level them out pick high PI cars so they roughly have the same handling as your car

No, this also happens in single car races. They just have better acceleration (and grip, there is no way to really outbreak them, they will take the inside of a corner as well as the outside).

1 Like

Yes, yes you can turn the power down and also the grip on the cars. Try it before you say no.

I just dont get the leaderboards. Changing weather is awesome like lightning and thunder etc and ive been adding pitstops between weather changes where ill pause and switch to abs and tcs in the rain and vice versa.

The only way I’ve found to deal with the frustration of unbeatable AI is to set the race length to long. In a short sprint if you don’t have the power advantage to shoot by the slower AI cars to chance down the fastest two cars I’m convinced that you can’t win. On long races it’s possible to make up ground with a grip and cornering speed advantage that you can’t use in the first lap when everyone is running side by side through every corner.

No, I love it and I’ve never played another racing game that comes close.

I’m enjoying it. I just do not like the 2D trees.

1 Like

I was going to start a thread with the same heading, there are a few problems but these will be fixed, overall I’m enjoying it, I find it easier getting through the pack in this game when using a bit of skill and I’m finding I’m getting a bit worn out after a few races from the FFB and having to think quicker.

this is by far the best one yet i have played every single forza made and they only got better
i love the wheel play very responsive and fun to play indeed

I love the game best Forza since 4.
[Mod Edit - Inappropriate language removed - D]

1 Like

So far, I’m enjoying the career mode more than in the last three Forza Motorsport games. Those trees, though… I didn’t notice them in screenshots, or the one time I played the demo, and I probably wouldn’t notice if they maintained a perpendicular position to my perspective… but when they slide across my vision edgewise it’s a little distracting.

I wish you hadn’t told me that I’m usually pretty fussy about 3D graphics, but I’ve been enjoying the game that much and working like mad to win, that I hadn’t noticed the trees now I’ll be looking for it.

I know there has been a lot of complaints about homologation but I like it. Less time building - I just add a race diff most of the time and that’s about it, and a quick tweak to get race brakes if possible so I can tune pressures if needs be.

of course you are not the only one enjoying this game.
but you got to understand that criticism does not mean one does not enjoy the game.
to be honest: i criticise only when i want a good thing to be better than what it already is. otherwise i would not give it the attention.
so please guys: stop claiming that people who criticize want to drag a game down. of course, it depends on the kind of ciriticism, but still.

2 Likes

Loving the game. By far the best immersive Forza yet.

As someone who has played every day since FM2 then im enjoying it. However Turn 10 continue to make changes to the franchise which didn’t need changing. I shall list them below.

1. Physics. These did not need changing from FM6. Some cars are much easier to drive and very unchallenging.

2. Leaderboards. I love the introduction of the divisional leaderboards but we also need E-X classes aswell.

3. Assists. Bad enough we have assists such as auto braking, steering but friction assist is taking the mickey.

4. Hotlapping. Very frustrating to hotlap at the moment by selecting freeplay rather than just selecting rivals and choosing the leaderboard. Also no ghosts or replays on leaderboards except in Rivals.

5. Slowly Forza is moving towards Horizon. The community who prefer Forza Motorsport would prefer the gap to widen not get closer. I think I speak for most of us but we would prefer a lean towards sim than arcade with more motorsport features.

2 Likes

Agree with all of this.

The game looks great drives great, it is just currently too locked down into divisions. 700 cars and not much to do with them. Need more rivals and hoppers. Which I imagine are coming( I hope) until then I am not enjoying as much as past Forza editions.

1 Like