All Things Wrong With FH4

You’ve answered your own question, if it doesn’t sell (enough) then we don’t get any more in future. Everyone’s game catalogue gets ‘diluted in value’ over time. How could it be any different? You can still go back to play this game in 10 years if you want, on your own, but the community will have moved on. It’s why I don’t play UT2004 any more, or the original Modern Warfare.

As for putting Forza on the PS4, they could do that. As they have ended console exclusivity by putting their crown jewel games on PC, it isn’t much of a leap to put them on PlayStation either. The actual profits from the hardware sales side are tiny AFAIK, if not non-existent.

Car List: It appears to me whenever I see someone complain about the car list it’s because their favorite cars didn’t make the cut. Seems to be the case here as well.

Gameplay: It’s “Open World”, not really sure what you were expecting.

Multiplayer: My issue with Multiplayer is that it’s all about the WIN; nothing else matters. I just feel this sends the wrong message to players.

Map: Dull and uninspiring? Wow, we must be playing totally different games. If anything, I would have said the Seasons were unnecessary; I would have preferred a map 4X the size vs. 4 seasons.

Sound: To me, this is just not an issue; however, I would like to be the first to acknowledge that the LEGO Cars sound nothing like the Real-World LEGO Cars.

Cloths/Cosmetics: I don’t even know were to begin with this one other than to say, we totally agree.

Bugs/Glitches: I use an Xbox 1X so there are no bugs and glitches… Well, other than the “Perks” glitch where everyone lost all their car perks… And I guess I might have to mention the “Mileage” issue where the mileage wouldn’t register unless you were going warp speed on Weekly Challenges… Then, of course, there was the issue of already owning a car that wouldn’t register in the Weekly Challenge… And let us not forget the Mixer fiasco…

OK, bugs and glitches… I’ll give you that one.

As far as I know the XBox One X has at least 15 bugs, and the other machines have at least an extra 5 bugs. I listed them a few months ago.

I do agree that the clothing/horns/chat phrases are ridiculous, and the sounds aren’t all up to the high bar set by some previous editions. Outside of that, I enjoy FH4 far more than the previous three Horizons versions. It is definitely less linear/story-driven than the previous Horizons, but I got pretty tired of that in previous versions, and I wonder if FH4 is the result of surveys/feedback from other players in that vein?
I’ve extensively played all of the XBox-platform Forza games except the original. I was lukewarm on the first two Horizons, but quite enjoyed 3, and I find that 4 is even more fun. I still regularly play Motorsports 5, 6 and 7, as well as FH3. When I’m missing a particular car/track, I just fire up the version where it exists. I’ve never really gotten hooked by the multiplayer in any of them except FM4 on the 360, but I think they are all quite excellent solo. If multiplayer is your jam, I can see how that would be an issue. That said, online communities in general are a whole different landscape than they were back in the FM4 days. Turn 10 isn’t alone in struggling to keep up with that change.

The eliminator is a good Multiplayer game. I am only doing the 30 day trial of GOLD, but I will miss Eliminator.