About using other peoples tunes

The only reason to share a tune is giving others a great experience too.
If you wanna become 1st,make a better tune or use the shared one of the lb-tops.
Respect the driver for being fast and the tuner for sharing great stuff!

2 Likes

My joy as a tuner, is to get my hot-lapping/comp tunes as high in the LBs as possible, independent as to who is driving these.

My joy as a driver (average for now), is to learn the best techniques per track by all these incredible drivers, and then see myself (little by little) inching my way into better lap times.

The combination of these 2…Priceless!

PRKid

2 Likes

I personally get a lot of pleasure and satisfaction knowing I’ve helped someone gain a tenth, a second or anything at all!

3 Likes

If you can’t tune, you’re at a disadvantage. If you have to run someone else’s tune, you’re not hitting your maximum potential because only YOU know exactly how the car should feel to suit your driving style. I’ve used other people’s tunes either because I’m lazy or they struck gold and made a setup that no one can touch. The other 95% of the time, I make my own tunes. It’s still a game at the end of the day - do what you like.

1 Like

This mirrors my own style, it actually annoys me on the rare occasions that someone else does a tune that suits my style better than my own tunes do.

As far as the OP goes, I totally disagree and I think all tunes should be available to all drivers.

I shared my first tune today, and shared 2 more after it, it was for a tuning comp. but I have a competitive grip Evo tune for the league this week and I shared it because someone commented about the cars ability around the Alps (not my own ability lol). I thought it would be nice to see if anyone can get some use out of it. I don’t normally use other people’s tunes but I’m going to start to on tracks I struggle on. It’s nice to be competitive, and I don’t have time to make tunes and setups for specific tracks. Do tuners get credit for others doing well with their setup?

There are several ways that this is accomplished. (1) Downloads, (2) Likes, (3) Uses, (4) Tuner’s GT on Drivers PB/LB spot - potentially additional DLs, (5) You can download directly from the LBs the tune. The first 3 items are all about credits which the majority of tuners really do not get a major satisfaction from, badges could be a plus, the Likes are a great signal to the tuners. Yet, IMO, a top LB spot by the tuner and/or another driver is probably the most rewarding element.

2 Likes

+1

1 Like

I don’t really care.

I mostly tune just so I can get the cars to handle how I like. That and every now and then I stumble into something odd and surprisingly fast just trying things, which is fun.

Is that not what racing is all about?? wanting to win and compete with eachother is fun IMO, If you take that aspect out forzas pointless, It gives me great satisfaction knowing that someone used my tune and won a race and I think all tuners can agree with me one that 1… get it lol

8 Likes

The new system allows you to download there tune. its about as even as it gets. How ever Im not a big fan of someone destroying a room with nothing but LB cars.

1 Like

Some people just drive, some people tune, some paint.

I drive and tune and am pretty good at both but there is still a gap between where I am at and the best, like seconds most of the time.

I often use other peoples tunes to judge whether its my driving or tuning that is slowing me down.

I have no issue whatsoever with myself or anyone else running the very best tune there is in a lobby and beating me. After all I can download tunes as well.

OP - why don’t you have a go at those who tune themselves, destroy a lobby but keep the tunes to themself?

People using other peoples tunes are doing absolutely nothing wrong. Get quicker to beat them either by tuning or driving.

4 Likes

I do too. But there are weird exceptions, for me at least. It also depends if the tune is also compatible with a way you drive. For example, one of the top leaderboard tunes for the Trofeo series felt horrible - I want to stress TO ME it felt horrible - using a wheel. Nothing about the tune made sense; it felt sloppy and uncontrollable, yet it’s sitting with several times in the top 20. So, I created my own and upgraded the same parts and instantly and without touching anything in the tune, dropped into the top 15%… so I tuned from there.

Breeze drives loose cars and uses a controller, as does just about everyone on top of the boards. Wheels offer absolutely no benefit on Forza 6 unless you’re on an oval or a track like Bernese Alps. The FFB is terrible from what I’ve heard from my teammates.

I figured that. At the same time I tried BAM b0x’s tune and really like that, (a lot of his tunes fit my style) I took away more about gear tuning even though it was a bit loose. I incorporated that into my own tune and was able to drop another 1.5 seconds.

I like racing with the wheel. I never expect to be top 100, but I’ll take a top 1000 time and be happy with it. I don’t know what good FFB would be if it isn’t with Forza. Project Cars and even iRacing, the feedback is so drastically different between games that there’s no one “perfect” setup so which one is the best is unknown to me. The feedback in the TX I can actually tell if the problem is in the front or rear of the car is pretty remarkable. Driving with a controller feels so foreign to me.

Until Thrustmaster or Fanatec release a full seat + wheel setup with force feedback seats, nobody is going to be happy :smiley:

Miracles really do never cease. lol. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My buddy marine. What up…

Its funnyI could pull 1 of 30 different cars and guess all of the were LB car by your standards. It’s made pretty hard to figure out which car to use. So my friends and I figured it was more entertaining to pull out are true LB cars and listen to you and MX Raptor cry, cry, cry. Lol

PS I know you were using my '73 trans-an tunes in FM5 try to keep up.

So I’m still not sure what your calling “wrongful use of tunes”? I’m not able to tune but I paint and enjoy thoes who use them. Are you suggesting that someone is copying your tunes as thier own? Does Forza6 allow you to lock a tune?
Just think’n this might be more than meets the eye…

All tunes are locked although it is possible to backwards engineer the build if you can be bothered.

1 Like

You can just get the tune and be able to figure the build right away. Or, from the HP/T/Wt and stats. And, then try to back-engineer the tune itself (which you have TPs and Camber as starting point).

Yet, why do it? The learning comes when you try many builds to compare for a particular track, then, modify the default tune to either suit your driving needs/style and/or make it a great lobby or LB car. That’s satisfaction!

2 Likes