A800 MINI GP - Solved

This is my first proper venture into upgrading and tuning. Having now read some threads / posts on the forum I think I’ve put together a decent list of PI-efficient upgrades.

AWD conversion,
Race Cams,
Race Block,
Sport Turbo,
Race Brakes,
Race Springs,
Race ARB (F+R),
9-speed trans,
Race Diff,
Off-Road Tyres,
265mm rear width, and
Stage 2 front track width increase.

I’m currently trying to sort the tuning. Here’s my settings so far:

Tyre Pressure -22 PSI (F+R)
Gearing 3.5 final (4.05, 2.60, 1.90, 1.55, 1.27, 1.08, 0.95, 0.85, 0.75)
Camber -2.0/-1.5
Toe 0.0/0.0
Caster 6.5
ARB 13.9/ 31.9
Spring Rate 127.2/99.0
Spring Height 12.7/12.2
Left rebound and bump untouched
Brake Balance 35% rear
Front Diff 10 / 0
Rear Diff 30 / 15
Centre Diff 60%

Where I’m struggling:

I’m happy with mid-corner and corner-exit performance but I’m struggling with the initial rotation.

Any and all help appreciated. :+1:t2:

If you use the differential setting in deceleration set front to 1, and rear to 5. Set centre 70. Add some toe in to the front wheels. Also I’m sure you know that traction control should be off. Plus don’t use too wide tyres.

I always use the widest tyres possible for better grip and also widen the track whenever possible and try to use slicks for road race and other platform upgrades before even touching the engine to add more power , for me being able to control the car is way more important no point racing along the straights if you cant corner.

Awe did I upset someone.

Well you will have to upgrade the tyres then. If you add an Aero wing you can often upgrade the tyres without a cost. Then set the wing for speed afterwards.

I posted a fast A800 tune for road racing that doesn’t wash out mid-corner. I’m winning unbeatable solo races with it. Share code is 242 226 297. It has stock aero and can hydroplane if driven too aggressively. Good luck.

@ChihuahuaParty On the whole I quite like your setup but it doesn’t quite fit my driving style. Would you mind sharing your settings in order to see what elements are working better? I’m happy for you to PM me if you don’t want to share your setup publicly.

I was able to upgrade to S897 with the stock engine and all the upgrades, will experiment with the engine swap option see what I can get with that.

The first thing I noticed is your brake bias is extremely pushed forward. When it tried this replicating your setup with abs off the front wheels locked quickly without engaging the rears as much. The braking felt much more balanced around 53% +/- a point or two. Under braking heavy front bias will heat the front tires more leading to overheating.

The other thing I found to help turn-in was increasing the front toe-out. Even just to 0.3 was an improvement.

I’ll usually run the sway bars higher for most road conditions. This is both front and rear but I like a little more oversteer.

With rear tire width maxed and the front narrow I usually find it’s better with the rear a pound or two lower than the front. I think I changed it to 21.5 rear and 22.5 front.

Maybe some of this will help.

Np, the brake slider is backwards compared to the text so my 53% is the value on the screen. In general I check the balance visually by looking at the car from the side to see what locks first and also using the friction telemetry. It still comes down to it feeling right for your driving style.

To OP: I’ve tinkered with the build myself and here is the tuning I came up with:

Tyre Pressure 21.0 18.5
Camber -1.8 -3.3
Toe 0.5 -0.4
Caster 5.0
Anti-roll Bar 32.9 26.1
Springs 171.6 92.8
Ride Height 13.6 14.5
Rebound 13.1 13.7
Bump 6.4 7.1
Brakes 55% 135%
Diff Accel. 46% 100%
Diff Decel. 0% 20%
Diff Distr. 96%
Final drive 3.35
Gears Stock

I shared a better version of my A800 road tune. Share code is 825 088 841. Still has stock aero. Can do almost 200mph. More stable and insanely fast around cars. Feels like a supercar. Avoid braking around corners when possible. Lift off the throttle and let the rear autorotate. Does surprisingly well on dirt. I easily win unbeatable solo road races with it. This might be my new favorite car for A class.

Hey that’s great to hear. It is a fun car to drive around at that PI level. I don’t know that I would have tried it without you starting this thread so thanks to you as well!