4K option patch for Scorpio?

What 4k has to do with textures?! 4k is resolution - you have 4x more pixel that’s all. Since it will be a lot more demanding that Scorpio would over below 1000 USD price you will have less polygons/shadow/draw distance anyway.

How about we wait to see what MS says about how the Scorpio will handle older games. This is a pointless discussion with none of the facts. I believe there is a Spec release on Thursday

1 Like

Well, this is a forum. Where discussions, debates and conversations happen.

1 Like

They have said it will be seemless. They have also said that most people won’t be a Le to afford the Scorpio. They expect to sell more Xbox ones than the scorpio due to the price. They are calling it a “premiu.m” console for a reason. So I guess they dont want to be in the console market anymore. The price will kill Scorpio sales at close to 700

I’ve been following the Scorpio pretty closely since the original announcement and have never heard anyone say “most people won’t be able to afford it”. And I’ve not seen anyone mention a $700 price tag. Most informed estimates I’ve seen have been around $500.

I really do hope they are right about it being around $500.

1 Like

1080p 60>4k 30 imo

4 Likes

Patience is a virtue. All that is being accomplished is misinformation. Nobody knows yet

I’d say it’s quite likely for a 4K checkerboard/adaptive resolution version on scorpio, 60 FPS not so likely unless there’s some massive backend overhaul for the game

I was watching some videos about it. I’ll most likely get one when it’s out. I’ll wait for it.

They need to do a lot more work on the PC version first.

just stop if you have no idea what you are talking about. banging head on the table. Yes it has to do with textures too or it would look like garbage.

“Texture content that is optimized to avoid magnification at 1080p resolution will magnify at 4K, leading to blurry textures when you get up close to surfaces. To maximize the quality at 4K screen resolution, provide the highest texel density you possibly can in your game by using the largest possible texture sizes. For example, for textures where the player can get close enough for 1:1 texel to pixel ratio, 4096 x 4096 textures will provide the highest quality. This is especially important for textures which provide detail, such as albedo textures, normal maps, and displacement maps, but can also be important for procedurally generated textures, such as light maps, which can be generated at higher resolution for display on 4K screens.”

Just wait to see what they say, what is the point of guessing??? It is not helpful at all to anyone. Just spreading wrong info.

1 Like

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-project-scorpio-tech-revealed

2 Likes

that picture in your link max is just amazing. cant wait to test it out and overuse the photo mode!

While I won’t be able to get that model of the Xbox One anytime soon, it’s amazing to see Forza run at 4K resolution with higher quality assets with all settings maxed out and still have plenty of room to optimize the engine for FM7 on Scorpio given that this the demo was just a quick port of FM6. Someone should recreate the presidential van reverse drift video and see who gets fooled by the graphics from the new Xbox One model.

Horizon 3 already does 4k on PC. Just sayin :smiley:

I’m wondering what sort of wheel support the Scorpio will have will it be the same as win10 or XBOX one? It has been said on other forums that Fanatec’s new direct drive wheel will be shown alongside the Scorpio with whatever forza game they demo at e3 (presumably FM7)

Will be the same as xbox one since the scorpio is still just a juiced up xbox one playing the same games at higher quality