24 car lobbies - Who asked for these?

I’m with you 100% on that. If more people had your mentality the lobbies would instantly improve no matter how many people were in a race.

2 Likes

I don’t mind 24 person lobbies, but it does increase lag issues. Seems more prone to have the lobby explosion mass disconnect with more people and of course chat doesn’t work at all with that many people, but then again, chat often doesn’t work with only two people. If they managed to fix those things, I think it would be great. 24 people in a lobby is not really an issue in itself, it just increases the odds of one of the other game breaking issues to present themselves.

We need 64. Just saying… :wink:

2 Likes

Twenty two would have been sufficient, as in F1 racing formation.

Funnily enough, current F1 regs actually have a limit of 26.

2 Likes

People need more accountability for the way they drive. There should be damage on in leagues and the need to pit if damaged this would help in the corner one all out blitz to get to first. Plus adding longer races would help knowing that you have 10 laps compared to 3 to move up. One more thing people need to understand finishing 1st ever time isn’t a goal that can be accomplished every race, some pro drivers go years without wins be happy with 6 place when you drive clean!

1 Like

The counterpoint regarding longer races and damage is that if you are a clean racer and get smashed from behind by a griefer, your car is the one struggling (too), and you have to wait 10-15 minutes before you can start another race. The griefer might smash into Turn 1, quit, join another room and do the same again.

The problem isn’t necessarily the system/game, but the players themselves. Ghosting, roll-off grids, penalties etc. don’t really cure the problem. Having an easier way to kick players might help but if 10% of online racers are griefers you’re basically telling 100,000 people that they shouldn’t play with you.

Prehaps it was the same person who asked for the rip-off tokens to make a unwelcomed return!!

1 Like

Nelor asked

On the other side of the fence…in ghost leagues, you want more cars because you can make more points. Crashers aren’t a factor. My problem is the more cars, the better the chance I’ll be disconnected. I’ve only finished 2 races with 20 or more cars. I think my problem may be I always start a party so I don’t have to listen to chat. Since I use a wheel, I haven’t tried the pad/headset with mic turned all the way down trick. I’ll do that and see if it helps.

I actually managed to ask a t10 developer this question ( whos idea was this anyway to make the lobby larger) He gave me some vague non answer. In any case… I would not mind the larger grid number so much if we had players who actually know that going 6 wide in the first corner is going to end up in tears.

So for the most part I plan ahead and end up in the lead pack most times … and I do have the pace to catch up in the races to win or medal so if I get spun once no biggie… What BURNS me is when im passing cleanly (usually on a straight or after they made a mistake ) and the person getting passed gets pissed off and takes me out (completely spins me) unprovoked just because I caught them up and was going to pass them…

It gets the best of me and I get retaliatory for crap like that. Especially since the kick system is complete crap.

I don’t care what the number is, but having achievements tied to being lucky enough to start dead last (or lucky enough to get the right dare cards), and then need the other drivers to cooperate and let you win is completely bogus.

Even in a boosting session, there’s no guarantee you’ll ever get that position. I don’t mind an achievement that is a challenge, like California Drifter from FM5, but having them based on luck like many of them for FM6 is garbage.

I dont understand why Thru the pack achievement is bogus. Its very do doable. Yes you need some luck and some skill to doing. not every cheevo should be based on grinding.

24 car races are great for action. I found that wherever you are on track, you will always be racing someone. This is how it should be. It doesn’t matter if you are racing for 1st or 21st. It’s about using track position and giving racing room.

If you want to be setting good lap times, go to rivals mode. I agree the driver skill varies from car to car and wrecks are inevitable.