0x80270300

FM6 must finish installing or show “ready to install” before u can start

is there any way to fix this without reinstalling the game?

have you tried hard resetting your console properly

1 Like

Try doing a system reset (hard boot) as below:
1 – from the Dashboard, out of all games, hold the X button on the front of the console down until it shuts the system down.
2 – Disconnect the external power from the wall plug (or at least disconnect the wall-side connector on the power pack itself.
3 – WAIT until all power drains from the external power pack (no light, either white or dull orange showing on the pack).
4 – Reconnect the power supply to the electrical outlet.
5 – Restart the console in the usual manner, i.e., either with the controller or a short push on the X button on the front of the X1.
6 – WAIT until the console self-checks and fully boots to the Dashboard before attempting anything.

If you don’t disconnect the external power pack and let the power completely drain out, the system is still retaining “old” stuff and not resetting. Wait until the system fully restarts before attempting anything. If there are pending or active downloads being handled DO NOT do anything on the system, let them finish 100% first.

THIS ERROR seems to be active today, not just in Forza Motorsport, but other games as well so it appears to be on the Xbox Live side: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_error_codes/f/4753/t/2091476.aspx

2 Likes

i did it a lot of times, didnt work, i’m reinstalling it, i hope i wont lose my cars =(

Before you reinstall, did you read the link I furnished? If the error is on the Xbox Live side, you’re wasting your time trying to correct something which will just bite you anyway.

1 Like

Hey bro I had the same problem. I uninstalled it and restarted my console and reinstalled it and roughly 30 seconds after the reinstall menu starts it will come up with an update which is what caused the error code

Any updates on this ridiculous mess??? I’m am currently re-installing Forza 6 as i type. Hope it works. P.S. I’ll never purchase digital games again!!!

Seems to me that Grech405 had the right idea in mind. I wanted to play the game and popped the disc in today but my xbox kept on giving me the same message. As soon as I followed the advice above and reinstalled the game it came up with the update message. I wanted to play because the new ad for the game really pumped me up for the ford gt update, which in my case was most likely the culprit of my troubles. An error in updating the game is what this is, and hopefully we don’t have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling the game with each one that comes out :confused: