It has recently come to our attention that some of you may be receiving a corrupt save message when trying to save a file. This could happen with tunes, replays, paints or photos. While we are working on this issue please follow the steps below.
The Message: Your save file is corrupt. Please delete it from the Xbox Dashboard and create a new one.
If you receive the message above when trying to save a file please follow these directions:
- Go to the Xbox Dashboard.
- Move to My Xbox then scroll to the right and select “System Settings”.
- From inside System Settings select “Memory” then select the location where your game saves are located (for most people this will be on the hard drive).
- Scroll down the list until you find Forza Motorsport 4.
- From inside the Forza Motorsport 4 memory saves, you want to select the file that was corrupted. In most cases the file you are looking for will say “Corrupted” and have “!” next to it.
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT DELETE your Game Save, If you do, you will lose all your game progress. Here is a list of the naming structure of your Forza Motorsport 4 saves:
(Your Gamertag) Saved Game – DO NOT DELTE THIS FILE. This is your main game save file and should only be deleted as a last resort.
(Your Gamertag) Car Setup Files Saved Game - These are your Tune Files.
(Your Gamertag ) PHOTOS Saved Game – This is all of your saved photos.
(Your Gamertag) LAYER GROUPS Saved Game – These are all of your created and purchased layer group files.
(Your Gamertag) Design Catalog Saved Game – These are all of your created and purchased car designs.
(Your Gamertag) Replays Saved Game – This save contains all our your saved replay info.
(Your Gamertag) WMV MOVIES Saved Game – This save contains all our your saved movies.
GHOSTS Saved Game – This is where your best time ghost files are saved locally.
(Your Gamertag) Game Options Saved Game – These are your saved game options.
Turn 10 Community OPS