We have been ironing out the details for the Official Road & Track Contest for a few days and are finally ready to announce the all details and give you all a chance to pick up some amazing swag provided by Turn 10 and Road & Track.
Knowing that we have a lot of artistically savvy community members we wanted to give you a different option this time to show off your design and photography skills. The Fantasy Cover contest gives you a chance to see how your Forza Photography would look placed on the cover of Road & Track.
Below you will find a short summary of the official rules regarding this livery contest. The full rules and regulations can be found here.
Good luck everyone.
This is a skill-based Contest. The object of this Contest is to recognize and reward the “best” user generated fantasy cover of the Road & Track magazine using in-game pictures of a car from the Road & Track Downloadable Content (DLC) Pack in the XBOX 360 game title Forza Motorsport 3, and the Road & Track cover template provided for download in the official contest thread on www.forzamotorsport.net. For purposes of this Contest, each fantasy cover that you capture and submit in the Contest will be called an “Entry.” All eligible Entries received will be judged using the criteria described below to determine the winners of the prizes described below.
ENTRY PERIOD AND DEADLINE
All entries must abide by the Official Rules of the Road & Track Livery Contest which can be read here.
This Entry Period begins at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time (PT) on April 16, 2010, and ends at 12:00 p.m. PT on April 26th, 2010 (“Entry Period”). Winners will be announced on or around April 28th, 2010.
To enter, you must have access to an Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system, access to the game title “Forza Motorsport 3”, purchased and downloaded the “Road & Track DLC Pack”, and be an Xbox LIVE Silver or Gold member in good standing. Once you have verified that you meet these system requirements, you must do all of the following:
Instructions to take a Photo.
- During Forza Motorsport 3 gameplay use the ”Photomode” function on the Xbox 360 to take a picture of one of ten Road & Track cars and follow the instructions to save the picture to your Xbox hard drive.
- When you’re saving the picture, choose “yes” to the question “Would you like to upload this photo to your Storefront?”
- All images saved to your personal storefront will be available for download on the “My Forza” section of Forzamotorsport.net.
How to take and submit an image for the cover contest.
- Read the instructions above on how to take a photo.
- Open your favorite layer based editing program (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc) Open the Road&Trackcover.png file which can be downloaded with white text here and with black text here (right click > save as).
- Take your picture and copy it (ctrl+c) and then paste it under the road&Track.png(ctrl+V)
- Save the image (File > Save as)
- Upload the image to an image host (Flickr, Imageshack, TinyPic, Photobucket). An image host allows you to store your image for others to see via a URL.
- Take that URL and post your image in the official contest thread. To have your image display surround it with image tags, for example or you can use this icon to insert your image url. The official thread for you to post your images can be found here.
Covers must be uploaded to official contest thread on forzamotorsport.net by 12:00 p.m. PDT on April 26, 2010 and must remain within the Storefront through 5:00 p.m. PDT on April 28, 2010.
Entries may only contain graphical content present in the Forza 3 game; any Entry which contains graphical content not present within the game will be disqualified. Limit one (1) entry per person.
Following the close of the Entry Period, a panel of judges comprised of both Road & Track editors and Turn 10 employees will evaluate Entries and select one winner based on the following judging criteria:
- Does the cover have good Framing and choice of viewpoint?
- Does the cover have a great visual impact?
- Is the car of interest placed well within the mock cover?
- Does the cover demonstrate originality?
- Is the lighting in balance?
- Is the shutter speed, focus and aperture adjusted to be appropriate for the cover photo?
- Is the cover able to grab the viewer’s attention and hold it?
The official rules governing the prizing can be found here.
One (1) Grand Prize for the Road & Track Fantasy Cover:
- One (1) year subscription to Road & Track magazine.
- Two (2) admission tickets to the 2010 SEMA Auto show in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- One (1) framed print of the winning entry signed by the Road & Track editors.
- One (1) Free download codes to the next Forza Motorsport 3 DLC pack
Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of Grand Prize $300)
Five (5) Prizes for Editor’s Daily Fantasy Cover Picks. Each winner will receive:
- One (1) Road & Track branded baseball cap
- One (1) Forza 3 DLC pack code
Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of Daily Editor’s Pick Prize, $35)
Turn 10 Community OPS